Why choose our 'machined' nipples?
Because Excalibur extrudes them from our own stock, so you can pick from the widest variety of high quality plastic pipe found anywhere.
Plastic pipe nipples are a critical, often overlooked, component of fittings in any irrigation system. Excalibur produces only machined nipples. Landscape architects, landscape engineers, and municipal agencies regularly specify machined plastic pipe nipples.
Each component in an irrigation system is like a link in a chain; any weak link cripples the entire system. A common, and often costly, mistake is to assume that there is savings to be found in buying the least expensive nipple. In reality, one is gambling a savings of a few pennies against the odds of expensive repairs. But you can avoid costly tear out and a labor intensive re-inspection. Excalibur nipples now come sealed with safety tape identifying them as "machined nipples" for your assurance.
More Excalibur advantages:
· We maintain an extensive inventory at all times - most orders can ship the same day.
· We use our own extruded pipe, so custom lengths and threading can be done quickly.
· One stop shopping for Threaded Pipe.
· Our stock pipe nipples with precision-machined threads tend to seal better than molded nipples with mold lines, and can be cut anywhere for an effective solvent weld joint.
- Sch 40 PVC and Polyethylene, 1/2” through 1” diameter· Sch 40 Clear PVC nipples are also available
- Sch 80 gray PVC and CPVC, 1/8” through 6” diameter
Sch 80 white PVC, 1/2” through 4” diameter
Sch 80 Polypropylene Black and Natural 1/4" through 6" diameter
- Victaulic Grooved 3/4" - 6" PVC, CPVC
Excalibur machined plastic pipe nipples can be ordered in any length in TBE (threaded both ends), TOE (threaded one end), plain end, and VIC also known as Victaulic®. Our TOE and plain end nipples are chamfered 45°.
Victaulic® is a registered trademark of Victaulic Company of America.
Excalibur supplies NPT, the most common thread form, unless the following options are requested:
BSP, BSPT, NPS, UN, UNF, Weir, MHT (Male Hose Thread). Other custom threads and spacer tubes are readily available.
Sch 40 PVC and Polyethylene Plastic Pipe Nipples
- Comply with ASTM D-2464 - Threads conform to ASTM F-1498. Plastic pipe nipples are produced from extruded pipe meeting ASTM D-1784 and ASTM D-1785.
Sch 80 PVC Plastic Pipe Nipples
- Comply with ASTM D-2464 - Threads conform to ASTM F-1498. Nipples are produced from extruded pipe meeting ASTM D-1784 and ASTM D-1785.
Sch 80 CPVC Plastic Pipe Nipples
- CPVC type 4, grade 1 (Cell Classification 2377-B ) - Threads conform to ASTM F-1498. Nipples are produced from extruded pipe meeting ASTM F- 441/F.
Sch 80 Polypropylene Plastic Pipe Nipples
- Comply with ASTM D-2464 - Threads conform to ASTM F-1498. Nipples are produced from extruded pipe meeting ASTM D-4101.
For specifiers, landscape designers and architects:
Typical architectural irrigation plan specification:
Unless otherwise shown on the plans, risers and threaded nipples for irrigation facilities shall be Schedule 80, PVC 1120 or PVC 1220, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) extruded pipe conforming to the requirements in ASTM Designation: D 1785 and have machined threads conforming to the requirements in ASTM Designation: D 1498 as provided by Excalibur or equivalent.